Sunday, August 26, 2007

Welcome to Green Religion

My official topic for my blog is Green Religion. First let's start with why I'm doing this. As a journalism student at the University of Arizona and part of the team at UA's Cat Scan one of my assignments is to create and keep a blog. The blog needs to relate to the online newspaper's topic, green living. Since one of my passions is my faith I decided to research and share how people coming from different religions view taking care of the earth.

Using Harvard University's Forum on Religion and Ecology as a jumping off point I plan on talking to local Tucsonans representing different religions about what they believe they should be doing for the environment based on their religious views. I do recognize that talking to one person does not give us a complete view of one religion. I ask you the reader to keep that in mind as you are reading my posts and feel free to comment if you see something I missed, that you think is untrue or maybe have questions about and I will do my best to address it.

Here is the link to the information I found at Harvard's webisite:
Forum on Religion and Ecology


There is also a list of links at the bottom of my blog page which will take you to the Cat Scan and the other blogs my classmates have created.

Thanks! Shannon

No comments: